|By Marketwired .||
|February 27, 2013 02:00 PM EST||
MUNICH, GERMANY and PITTSBURGH, PA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/13 -- PHYTEC (http://phytec.com) and Timesys Corporation (http://www.timesys.com), today announced they are partnering to provide a total hardware and software solution for developers designing products around the phyCORE® Vybrid System on Module (SOM). This partnership enables developers to leverage the unique, asymmetrical multi-processing architecture of the Freescale Vybrid controller solutions. The phyCORE Vybrid Development Kit ships with access to a full-featured runtime software development platform that includes unmetered, expert support.
First to market supporting the Vybrid family of controller solutions from Freescale Semiconductor, the PHYTEC phyCORE Vybrid SOM is a feature rich and ultra-low cost SOM with heterogeneous dual core support. With the ARM® Cortex-A5 for general purpose application and the ARM Cortex-M4 core for low-power offload and real-time responsiveness, the phyCORE Vybrid SOM is ideal for customers building products requiring rich, human-machine interface (HMI) design, multiple connectivity options, powerful peripherals, and real-time control and response capabilities.
The PHYTEC phyCORE Vybrid Development Kit is available now for only $195.00. The kit includes the Vybrid SOM, carrier board, and Linux and MQX software Board Support Packages (BSPs) with driver support for all major Vybrid interfaces. The kit is bundled with a free subscription to Timesys' LinuxLink PRO Edition and includes unmetered, expert support during all phases of product development -- an approximate $5000 value. For software application development and debugging, a free and unrestricted version of ARM Development Studio 5 (DS-5) is also supported on the PHYTEC phyCORE Vybrid Development Kit.
Timesys' LinuxLink PRO Edition is the industry's first and only commercial software development offering that combines the power and flexibility of both a cloud-based infrastructure and a desktop environment to enable developers easily design, configure and deploy a hybrid embedded Linux and real-time operating system (RTOS) platform, utilizing Freescale's MQX RTOS. LinuxLink PRO Edition for phyCORE Vybrid SOM includes ARM DS-5 with integrated TimeStorm plugins for kernel configuration, kernel module and application development and debugging. With access to more than one thousand packages and libraries, including popular UI and multimedia frameworks such as Qt for Embedded Linux and GStreamer, developers using LinuxLink PRO Edition can easily build multi-OS applications for devices requiring rich HMI design such as point-of-sale systems, medical devices, smart energy equipment (including energy meters and data concentrators) and appliances and for a variety of markets including home automation and control, industrial automation and medical. The unmetered support included with LinuxLink PRO Edition gives customers the timely help needed to resolve any issues in building and booting their custom applications.
Software developers building products around the phyCORE Vybrid SOM can utilize Timesys' complete array of professional services to significantly accelerate their development schedules.
"Timesys' LinuxLink software development framework dramatically simplifies the development of a comprehensive, customized software platform for a multi-OS environment and can enable customers to shorten their time-to-market and reduce development costs," said Bodo Huber, Chief Technology Officer, PHYTEC. "We are pleased to partner with Timesys to provide our customers with a comprehensive solution that enables them to leverage the features of a heterogeneous dual-core hardware solution and bring highly-differentiated, multi-OS HMI designs to market in a cost-effective and timely manner."
"We're excited to partner with PHYTEC and to support phyCORE Vybrid SOM customers. The uniquely combined PHYTEC phyCORE Vybrid SOM hardware and Timesys LinuxLink PRO Edition software offering provides Vybrid developers with a robust and cost-effective solution for bringing to market multi-OS, next-generation HMI designs -- in the quickest time possible," said Brian Gildon, VP of Business Development at Timesys. "Developers can leverage our extensive UI development expertise and open source and proprietary GUI framework experience to reduce development risks and cost."
PHYTEC is an end-to-end solution to OEMs through all stages of product development, from initial concept and specification, to design and development, to prototype, launch, and full production. We offer systems integration support with hardware and software design services, Windows Embedded, Linux, and Android expertise, System on Modules, development kits, and manufacturing facilities. Headquartered in Mainz, Germany, PHYTEC remains a privately-held enterprise with operational subsidiaries in North America, France, and India. PHYTEC products have been deployed in thousands of embedded designs, ranging from industrial control, to medical, automotive, avionic and data processing applications. For more information about PHYTEC, visit www.phytec.com.
Timesys is a pioneer and industry leader in providing embedded Linux solutions. Timesys is the provider of LinuxLink, a high-productivity software development framework that dramatically simplifies and speeds up embedded Linux application development and product lifecycle maintenance. A total solution that fits teams of all sizes and experience levels, the LinuxLink framework includes pre-tested software, powerful development tools for building feature-rich applications and debugging, and live, expert support. LinuxLink enables developers to deliver high-quality, differentiated products based on open source Linux in a cost-effective, predictable and timely manner. For more information, visit www.timesys.com.
About Freescale Connect Partner Program
PHYTEC and Timesys are Proven Partners in the Freescale Connect Partner Program. The Freescale Connect Partner Program is the essential source for embedded designs based on Freescale solutions. The program comprises a global network of independent engineering companies that offer the vital tools, software, technology, engineering services and training to speed your design. From reference boards to optimized software, Freescale Connect provides a powerful and comprehensive ecosystem that partners with you in making the world a smarter, more connected place. For more information about the Freescale Connect Partner Program, please visit www.freescale.com/partners.
phyCORE® is a registered trademark of the PHYTEC Technologie Holding AG and PHYTEC America LLC. Freescale is a trademark of Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. Timesys, TimeStorm and the Timesys logo are registered trademarks of Timesys Corporation. Vybrid is a trademark of Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. ARM and Cortex are trademarks of ARM Limited. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries. All other company and product names mentioned are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Red Hat Announces General Availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- The Linux Foundation Announces Early Keynote Speaker Line Up for LinuxCon + CloudOpen Europe
- Business experts from IT-Security and Telecommunications join secucloud team
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Oracle Boosts Virtualization and Cloud Capabilities in Latest ZFS Storage ZS3 Series Release
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- IGEL's new range of W7+ thin clients offer more memory to meet the emerging needs of businesses using Windows-based thin clients
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Perforce Open Sources Popular Version Control Tools
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Red Hat Announces General Availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5
- Concurrent, Inc. to Present at Upcoming Leading Big Data and Hadoop Industry Events
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- WSO2 Announces Full Agenda for WSO2Con Europe 2014 Conference
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Research and Markets: Mission Critical Middleware Messaging Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014 to 2020
- Cloudera Strengthens Hadoop Security with Acquisition of Gazzang: Builds on additional community efforts to deliver end-to-end security offering
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- President & CTO of 3tera Speaking Next Week at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo November 19-21 in Silicon Valley
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- The Software Freedom Conservancy – Fundraising Campaign: Non-Profit Accounting Software
- New Relic Q1 2013 Blazes Past Growth Targets and Reaches 40,000 Active Customer Accounts