|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
COLUMBIA, S.C., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced it will expand its customer support ranks in the company's Columbia, S.C., headquarters. The announcement comes amid unprecedented growth for the company. Unitrends achieved 88 percent growth in sales 2012 over 2011, and its performance in service and support was equally enviable: The company's customer satisfaction rate exceeded 98 percent for the year.
"Many technology companies view customer support as a cost center, one that can be transformed into a consulting engagement by holding customers' feet to the fire when they need help the most," said Mike Coney, CEO of Unitrends. "That's an awful practice, and at Unitrends, we feel strongly that no matter how effective our technologies are, the people behind them are our most powerful asset. We want our customers to sleep well at night knowing that if they find themselves in a disaster – one that jeopardizes their data and their jobs – help from a knowledgeable and dedicated Unitrends employee with the authority to make things right is one phone call or email away. That contrasts sharply with those who employ call centers that give the appearance of providing customer service – which, unfortunately, is all too common in the industry today."
Unitrends plans to hire a significant number of customer-facing technical support engineers and senior customer support engineers. The hiring push is the most recent in a year that saw the company create numerous jobs. Last month, Inc. Magazine recognized Unitrends as one of the top five job creators in South Carolina in its inaugural Hire Power Awards. All of the new support engineers will be based in Columbia and will work in a team that has already distinguished itself within the IT community and in communities like Spiceworks. The company's also hiring across a variety of functional areas.
Recent customer comments directed to Unitrends' leadership regarding the quality of the Columbia-based customer support staff – notable because they represent the norm, not the exception, include:
- "Just wanted to share our gratitude for all the assistance, guidance and wealth of information that Joel was able to provide us in a time of need." – Mohamed A., Tri-State Consumer Insurance
- "Support is always great from Unitrends. Probably the best support I receive from any vendor. I like that you always get a live person when calling a support number. The technicians are always patient and eager to help." – Patrick V., Maryhaven Center of Hope
- "John rocks. He is technically very sound. Also, he is very patient when dealing with complicated issues." – Scott D., BPI Information Systems, Ohio
- "Jonathan was the support engineer. He quickly diagnosed and resolved the issue. Couldn't have asked for more." – Jeff S., Summit Medical Center
- "Chris was very persistent in finding a solution. This paid off in that we were able to recover the system without reinstalling the application." – Bill B., Saddle Creek Corporation
- "Please convey my gratitude to Shaka. As always the dialogue is always professional and he communicates all technical aspects clearly. Unlike other vendors' support analysts, Shaka seems to always bring his good nature to each session and shares his knowledge so that I can address and remediate similar problems should I encounter them..." – Victor M., Aluminum Ladder
- "Aaron was great to work with. He took ownership of my issue and resolved it very quickly." – Patrick S., Alere Home Monitoring
- "Kimberly has given me outstanding service every time I have been assigned her for new Unitrends 712 appliance questions. Not only is she knowledgeable and quick to solve any issue or question, but she's also a pleasure to work with. I make many technical support calls to other hardware and software companies and I can easily say that I wish all support engineers show such excellent attention to detail." – Jeanine P., Midwest Precision Too & Die
- "My issue was resolved quickly. Unitrends' support tech Damian was great!" – Kerry M., Blue River Valley Schools
Unitrends' technical support engineers gauge their success by a wide range of criteria. This includes how long it takes to fix any problems the customer encountered in the course of disasters, such as natural events like hurricanes, or when addressing any technical questions that arise in their networks – for example, when they deploy new virtual assets or move to the cloud. Unitrends' technical support engineers also track customers' questions to proactively determine where they can eliminate problems before they happen. In addition, customer support calls, on average, are answered in three rings or less.
"Today's networks are more complex than ever and require virtualized, cloud-based and physical assets to work together flawlessly," added Coney. "The reality in data protection today is that you will need help at some point, and when you do, who answers that call or email is very important."
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Quo vadis? Cross-Platform App development - Part 1
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- AppSphere 2014 Continues to Expand Speaker List With Industry Thought Leaders
- Storage Made Easy Release an Enhanced Version of Its Private Enterprise File Sync and Share Solution
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Jump start your Cross-Platform App Development skills with Intel's XDK
- Summary from the 30 July Analyst Forum
- Document Work Process Market
- Mr. Ramesh Kesanupalli - Founding Member FIDO Alliance, Mr. Michael Day - IBM, Mr. Jim Miller - CEO ImageWare Systems, Mr. George Romas - HP, and StrikeForce Are Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Thought Leadership Interviews
- Pearson Partners with Programmr to Power Interactive “Learn to Code” Learning Labs
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- IGEL's new range of W7+ thin clients offer more memory to meet the emerging needs of businesses using Windows-based thin clients
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- The Linux Foundation Announces Early Keynote Speaker Line Up for LinuxCon + CloudOpen Europe
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Business experts from IT-Security and Telecommunications join secucloud team
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- President & CTO of 3tera Speaking Next Week at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo November 19-21 in Silicon Valley
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- New Relic Q1 2013 Blazes Past Growth Targets and Reaches 40,000 Active Customer Accounts
- The Software Freedom Conservancy – Fundraising Campaign: Non-Profit Accounting Software