|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 07:01 AM EST||
Mindspeed Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MSPD), a leading supplier of semiconductor solutions for network infrastructure applications, today announced that it has fully integrated DPI technology from Lionic Corporation in its latest Comcerto 2000 communication processor family. This DPI technology enables advanced and versatile capabilities including real-time anti-virus scanning, application-dependent QoS, advanced parental controls, keyword filtering and URL filtering.
Mindspeed will host a live demonstration of DPI solutions for broadband operators, communications original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), press and analysts in meeting room MP25371 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center at the 2013 International CES from January 8-11, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"By integrating Lionic’s Layer-7 DPI engine with Mindspeed®’s next generation communications processor we have opened up a new range of potential applications,” said Eric Lu, chief executive officer at Lionic. "The combination of Mindspeed’s expertise in communications processors with Lionic’s turnkey security offering has produced a breakthrough in security price-performance, enabling the Comcerto 2000 to provide outstanding performance in gateway-based antivirus solutions, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), application-level policy enforcement and content management and other security tasks.”
“Security is becoming an increasingly important element in routers and access points, especially as broadband service providers expand their offerings within the digital home and small office markets,” said Marco E. Bello, executive director of marketing and product management for the communications convergence processing (CCP) business unit at Mindspeed. “With our latest communications processor family, we are addressing a wide range of security applications which all benefit from the performance and cost-effectiveness of our Comcerto 2000 product and the addition of Lionic’s embedded functionality.”
"ARM understands that as the number of connected devices in the home and office continues to rise, families and businesses need communications technology to evolve and safeguard their online lives,” said Ian Drew, executive vice president, Marketing and Business Development, ARM. “We are therefore pleased that Mindspeed and Lionic are collaborating to integrate this DPI technology. It will help to deliver secure digital experiences and has the potential to enable new applications and opportunities for Mindspeed customers.”
With advanced DPI functionality now part of Mindspeed’s Open Packet Acceleration Logic (OPAL™) wire-speed data-path acceleration technology and the Comcerto 2000’s powerful dual 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A9, the carrier-class solution is ideally suited to many compelling new product classes found in broadband-enabled residences and small-to-medium business (SMB) settings:
- Enterprise-class DPI for residential and SMB devices
- Advanced parental control for telco-managed gateways
- Application-based quality of service for 802.11ac enterprise access points
- Leading edge anti-virus, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention
- Bundled security and content management for improved quality of experience (QoE)
Mindspeed’s Comcerto 2000 processors use intelligent offloading to run wire-rate Gigabit-per-second IPv6 NAT and firewall applications while keeping their 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processors fully available for executing value-added applications from OEMs or service providers.
NOTE: Lionic Corporation will host a live demonstration of DPI technology featuring Mindspeed's Comcerto 2000 processor in booth 257 at the 2013 RSA Conference from February 26-28, 2013 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.
About Mindspeed's Comcerto 2000 Family of Communications Processors
Mindspeed introduced the Comcerto 2000 multi-core ARM Cortex-A CPU-based communications processors in June 2012. Bringing software defined networking (SDN) to the edge of the network, the processors enable a new generation of products for switching, routing, security, multi-service gateways, enterprise class wireless access points and controllers, network attached storage and VoIP applications for residential, enterprise and networking equipment for small and medium businesses. The processor family is ideally suited for either control processors or for mixed control and data plane applications.
They can be used in a variety of secure systems, including security gateways or converged broadband home routers (BHRs) and set-top box (STB) media gateways that require digital rights management (DRM) support. The devices are backward-compatible with the wide range of carrier-proven software that has been developed for Comcerto 100 and 1000 communications processors, enabling manufacturers to rapidly develop a family of products for different price-performance points.
The first devices in the series feature dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore™ processors with symmetric multi-processing (SMP), coherent level two cache and ARM TrustZone® security which enables a new class of cost-effective products that support new protocols and higher speeds with lower power consumption. Silicon, carrier-grade software and Linux software design kits (SDK) are sampling now.
About Mindspeed Technologies
Mindspeed Technologies (NASDAQ: MSPD) is a leading provider of network infrastructure semiconductor solutions to the communications industry. The company's low-power system-on-chip (SoC) products are helping to drive video, voice and data applications in worldwide fiber-optic networks and enable advanced processing for 3G and long-term evolution (LTE) mobile networks. The company's high-performance analog products are used in a variety of optical, enterprise, industrial and video transport systems. Mindspeed's products are sold to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) around the globe.
ARM designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, video engines, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. Find out more about ARM by following these links:
Lionic Corporation is a worldwide supplier of innovative network security solutions. Lionic provides technologies and subscription services to service providers, networking equipment manufacturers, and semiconductor companies and offers a complete end-to-end security solution that enables the next generation of advanced firewalls, UTMs, residential gateways and mobile devices. Lionic’s technologies include Layer-7 Deep Pack Inspection (DPI), software scan engine, control software and a widely deployed signature database that addresses antivirus, Intrusion Prevention System ( IPS), application guard, web guard and URL filtering. Lionic’s innovative solutions help protect the world’s networks from an ever increasing level of security threats and attacks. Lionic DPI technology is currently used by many customers including ZyXEL in its line of ZyWALL security routers.
For more information, please visit www.lionic.com.
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Quo vadis? Cross-Platform App development - Part 1
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- AppSphere 2014 Continues to Expand Speaker List With Industry Thought Leaders
- Storage Made Easy Release an Enhanced Version of Its Private Enterprise File Sync and Share Solution
- Jump start your Cross-Platform App Development skills with Intel's XDK
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Summary from the 30 July Analyst Forum
- Document Work Process Market
- Mr. Ramesh Kesanupalli - Founding Member FIDO Alliance, Mr. Michael Day - IBM, Mr. Jim Miller - CEO ImageWare Systems, Mr. George Romas - HP, and StrikeForce Are Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Thought Leadership Interviews
- Nexenta Delivers Most Advanced Software-Defined Storage Solutions for All-Flash Arrays, VMware Horizon 6.0, and VMware Virtual SAN at VMworld 2014
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- IGEL's new range of W7+ thin clients offer more memory to meet the emerging needs of businesses using Windows-based thin clients
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- The Linux Foundation Announces Early Keynote Speaker Line Up for LinuxCon + CloudOpen Europe
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Business experts from IT-Security and Telecommunications join secucloud team
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- President & CTO of 3tera Speaking Next Week at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo November 19-21 in Silicon Valley
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- New Relic Q1 2013 Blazes Past Growth Targets and Reaches 40,000 Active Customer Accounts
- The Software Freedom Conservancy – Fundraising Campaign: Non-Profit Accounting Software