|By RealWire News Distribution||
|November 28, 2012 06:59 PM EST||
Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator selected to deliver Cartika an enterprise grade cloud computing solution
Toronto, Canada and London, UK - 28 November 2012 - Cartika IT Solutions Inc., a leader in application hosting and advanced clustering technologies, has selected Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator V3 over OnApp V3, CloudStack, OpenStack, and in-house development for its on-demand, fully automated provisioning of cloud services.
Both from an internal company requirement and to meet its customers' expectations of a more automated and flexible solution, Cartika recognised the need to offer a more complete infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solution. Cartika's legacy system was home-grown, aging and lacking the features required to effectively deliver cloud services to its customers in an automated, profitable way.
Andrew Rouchotas, CEO, Cartika said, "The cloud utility model is the future of IT. To position ourselves ahead of the growing customer demand for utility computing and to maintain commercial competitiveness, we required greater automation for our virtual offerings."
"We knew we needed a cloud provisioning platform that would enable us to provide enterprise grade solutions, help us differentiate against other service providers, and that would also support both our current and future business strategies. We discussed internal development, but the time to market was prohibitive. After looking at several vendors, it became obvious that Flexiant was clearly a more mature and stable software solution than the others. Flexiant's product is head and shoulders above the alternatives. We were impressed with its robustness and ease of deployment and also the service delivery team's ability to meet our bespoke needs."
Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator V3 was selected to provide the cloud orchestration solution Cartika required. "There were two differentiators that set Flexiant apart from the competition - the single pane of glass to centrally manage our cloud and virtual installs in each of our facilities across potentially multiple hypervisors, and the headless hypervisor technology."
Rouchotas continued, "Flexiant offers our business the complete cloud orchestration platform to deliver and manage our virtualized offerings including public and private VPS and cloud solutions. We will leverage our Flexiant decision as a differentiator for Cartika enabling us to offer enterprise grade solutions."
Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator V3 delivers a wide range of functionality that will increase agility and drive competitive market advantages for service providers. The software enables service providers with the freedom and flexibility to cost-effectively make more margin and profit from the cloud.
George Knox, CEO, Flexiant said, "Having just been named by Info-Tech Research Group as the trendsetter for cloud management solutions and the leading cloud management product, we were able to offer Cartika a cloud orchestration platform that is proven, robust and functionally richer to alternatives in the market. Our business is focused on helping service providers quickly create a cloud business that offers their customers the agility required of cloud computing. As a result, we are winning cloud platform contracts from our competitors and building significant momentum in the market."
Knox said, "The IT market is moving from CAPEX to OPEX models. This means significant possibilities for the service provider market. As with Cartika, service providers need to be ready to capture this revenue by offering an enterprise-grade cloud solution that provides customers with the ability to scale as required."
Cartika plans to deploy Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator to support new business wins as well as migrate its existing customer base onto this new Flexiant-based platform.
The Info-Tech Research Group "Vendor Landscape: Cloud Management Solutions" rated Flexiant exemplary as a result of gaining highest product rating out of all other vendors in this report based on ratings in areas such as usability, affordability, architecture and strategy. Info-Tech Research Group said Flexiant's strengths include standout dashboard customisability, flexible and integrated billing capabilities, quota and permission management, and alerts tied to resource utilisation and flexible deployment options with multi-hypervisor support. The full independent vendor landscape for cloud management solutions is available for download at http://learning.flexiant.com/info-tech-vendor-landscape-report-cloud-management-solutions/.
Flexiant is a leading international provider of cloud orchestration software for on-demand, fully automated provisioning of cloud services. Flexiant's software gives cloud service providers business agility, freedom and flexibility to scale, deploy and configure cloud services, simply and cost-effectively. Vendor agnostic and supporting multiple hypervisors, Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator is a software suite that is service provider ready, enabling cloud service provisioning through to granular metering, billing and reseller management. Used by over one hundred organisations worldwide, from small hosters to large Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator is simple to understand, simple to deploy and simple to use. Flexiant customers include NetGroup, FP7 Consortium, ITEX, TransEnt, Fast2host and Boston Group. Visit http://www.flexiant.com/.
Cartika Inc. is an established leader in application hosting and advanced clustering technologies. Cartika enables businesses to deliver services to their local and global customer base by seamlessly clustering services across multiple types of infrastructure (traditional dedicated, virtual, cloud). Cartika can centrally manage and support fleets of servers across multiple data centers, offer management and support capabilities for Linux and Windows based solutions and resell capabilities of Linux and Windows VPS servers, Cloud Servers and Dedicated Servers and Clusters. With extensive reseller capabilities, Cartika allows IT professionals to add value to their existing offerings and services.
Cartika's next generation offerings are complimented by their best of breed proactive managed services offerings. Cartika offers the most advanced reseller hosting platform available anywhere. Learn more at http://www.cartika.com/.
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Quo vadis? Cross-Platform App development - Part 1
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- AppSphere 2014 Continues to Expand Speaker List With Industry Thought Leaders
- Storage Made Easy Release an Enhanced Version of Its Private Enterprise File Sync and Share Solution
- Jump start your Cross-Platform App Development skills with Intel's XDK
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Document Work Process Market
- Summary from the 30 July Analyst Forum
- Mr. Ramesh Kesanupalli - Founding Member FIDO Alliance, Mr. Michael Day - IBM, Mr. Jim Miller - CEO ImageWare Systems, Mr. George Romas - HP, and StrikeForce Are Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Thought Leadership Interviews
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- IGEL's new range of W7+ thin clients offer more memory to meet the emerging needs of businesses using Windows-based thin clients
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- The Linux Foundation Announces Early Keynote Speaker Line Up for LinuxCon + CloudOpen Europe
- Business experts from IT-Security and Telecommunications join secucloud team
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- President & CTO of 3tera Speaking Next Week at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo November 19-21 in Silicon Valley
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- New Relic Q1 2013 Blazes Past Growth Targets and Reaches 40,000 Active Customer Accounts
- The Software Freedom Conservancy – Fundraising Campaign: Non-Profit Accounting Software