|By Marketwired .||
|November 26, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
SANTA BARBARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/26/12 -- Eucalyptus Systems, the leading provider of private and hybrid cloud computing software, today announced several new capabilities within its open cloud software including advanced features that drive greater visibility into cloud operations and expanded storage options. Eucalyptus 3.2 also introduces several new features that increase control and management of cloud resources including a new graphical user interface which enables self-service capabilities, simplified cloud administration, and enhanced cloud usage reporting. Eucalyptus 3.2 furthers the company's leadership in open source cloud computing software for private and hybrid clouds.
"Visibility and control are foundational elements in driving the broader adoption of cloud computing in the enterprise," said Aneel Lakhani, research director, Gartner. "These capabilities are critical across the entire cloud spectrum, but especially for customers pursuing a hybrid approach where applications may run on multiple clouds, private or public, for maximum flexibility in supporting business needs."
Managing distributed cloud environments is a daunting challenge for today's cloud administrators. As the complexity and scale of cloud deployments grow, solutions that automate key processes, troubleshoot and resolve performance issues, and report on cloud usage and key trends are critical for success. Innovations in Eucalyptus 3.2 provide customers with greater visibility and control over cloud environments so they can accelerate cloud adoption across their organizations. New features include:
Web-based Cloud User Console - A new graphical user interface enables self-service provisioning of compute, network, and storage resources. The console allows users to perform self-service operations including the provisioning of instances, keypair and password creation, Elastic Block Store (EBS) volume and snapshot operations, image catalog listing and registration, user group operations, and elastic IP operations.
Enhanced Cloud Usage Reporting - Allows cloud administrators to easily understand usage of cloud resources, provide chargeback for resources consumed, and facilitate capacity planning. Cloud administrators can report on cloud compute, storage, and memory usage at the user, group, and cloud level; generate and export reports via the graphical user interface, API, or command line; and store usage data in an external database as desired.
Simplified Cloud Administration - Cloud administrators also benefit from simplified cloud administration through improved logging capabilities for faster troubleshooting and issue resolution.
Improved Cloud Robustness - Performing QA testing on a massive scale and in an open environment ensures Eucalyptus is production-ready software that enterprises can rely on. Eucalyptus 3.2 increases the resiliency and availability of applications with a hardened node controller that further increases cloud reliability.
"At any given time, our load-test harness may handle up to 6000 concurrent connections to 20 test applications across multiple groups and phases of development. Eucalyptus enables us to quickly provision cloud resources to meet these demands using the same ecosystem of tools we're already familiar with through our work with AWS," said Thomas Morse, director of IT and SaaS operations, App Dynamics. "The reliability, flexibility and control provided by Eucalyptus 3.2 sets the stage for us to more rapidly deploy and manage mission-critical development and test environments in a highly scalable and self-service manner."
Eucalyptus has also broadened its storage support through the introduction of two new adaptors:
JBOD Storage Adaptor - Overlays Elastic Block Store (EBS) functionality on top of raw block devices and JBODs, and provides full support of AWS EBS API operations.
EMC VNX SAN Storage Adaptor - Provides expanded SAN support for EMC VNX Series SANs for Elastic Block Store (EBS) storage, including high availability for the Eucalyptus Storage Controller, advanced VNX snapshot support, and multi-pathing support for greater redundancy.
"Customers worldwide, including NSN, Puma, Inter-Continental Hotels Group, and NASA, have turned to Eucalyptus based on the agility, elasticity, and scale that our software provides for highly demanding development and test and Web applications," said Marten Mickos, CEO of Eucalyptus. "Eucalyptus 3.2 delivers a highly reliable and robust private and hybrid cloud solution that empowers both enterprises and the open source community to confidently deploy applications and drive innovation in the cloud."
The new capabilities build upon Eucalyptus 3.1, which aligned the open source community and enterprises on the same platform to contribute, build, run and manage cloud development and deployments. Eucalyptus 3.2 will be available to customers in December, 2012. For more information, please visit http://www.eucalyptus.com or call 866-456-3822 (EUCA).
About Eucalyptus Systems
Eucalyptus Systems provides enterprises and technology businesses with the leading open source software for building AWS-compatible private and hybrid clouds. Eucalyptus is uniquely suited for enterprise clouds with production-ready software that supports industry-standard AWS APIs, including EC2, S3, EBS, and IAM. Hundreds of customers in North America, EMEA and Asia run Eucalyptus clouds with the agility, elasticity, and scale required for their highly demanding development and test and scalable web services applications. By providing an open path to cloud computing, Eucalyptus is dedicated to the success of its active and rapidly growing ecosystem of customers, partners, developers and researchers. For more information, please visit http://www.eucalyptus.com.
Eucalyptus and Eucalyptus Systems are trademarks in the U.S. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Barokas PR for Eucalyptus Systems
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Quo vadis? Cross-Platform App development - Part 1
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- AppSphere 2014 Continues to Expand Speaker List With Industry Thought Leaders
- Jump start your Cross-Platform App Development skills with Intel's XDK
- Storage Made Easy Release an Enhanced Version of Its Private Enterprise File Sync and Share Solution
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Document Work Process Market
- Summary from the 30 July Analyst Forum
- Mr. Ramesh Kesanupalli - Founding Member FIDO Alliance, Mr. Michael Day - IBM, Mr. Jim Miller - CEO ImageWare Systems, Mr. George Romas - HP, and StrikeForce Are Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Thought Leadership Interviews
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- IGEL's new range of W7+ thin clients offer more memory to meet the emerging needs of businesses using Windows-based thin clients
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- The Linux Foundation Announces Early Keynote Speaker Line Up for LinuxCon + CloudOpen Europe
- Business experts from IT-Security and Telecommunications join secucloud team
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- President & CTO of 3tera Speaking Next Week at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo November 19-21 in Silicon Valley
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- New Relic Q1 2013 Blazes Past Growth Targets and Reaches 40,000 Active Customer Accounts
- The Software Freedom Conservancy – Fundraising Campaign: Non-Profit Accounting Software