|By Marketwired .||
|November 12, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/12 -- DataDirect Networks (DDN), the leader in massively scalable storage, today announced an extensive set of parallel file storage product enhancements engineered to accelerate Big Data and HPC workflows, enable automated data collaboration across the cloud, simplify high-scale systems management, and bridge scale-out storage to support enterprise applications.
"The importance of flexible, efficient and simple infrastructure becomes increasingly critical for enterprises as data becomes essential to organizational success," said Jean-Luc Chatelain, Executive VP of Strategy & Technology, DDN. "With the new enhancements to our GRIDScaler and EXAScaler family of products, DDN has evolved parallel file storage from being an application point-solution to an enterprise class, easy to manage Big Data appliance for the capture, storage, processing and global distribution of massive data."
Based on DDN's award-winning Storage Fusion Architecture, DDN's parallel file storage appliances are engineered with leading parallel file system technology, including IBM's GPFS file system (GRIDScaler) and the Lustre open source file system (EXAScaler). DDN's new GRIDScaler and EXAScaler offerings include both hardware and software enhancements designed to more tightly integrate with data-intensive applications and data workflows while also optimizing storage acquisition and management costs at multiple levels of scale.
"DDN has long been a partner of choice for organizations that need to scale far beyond conventional file system limits," said Mark Peters, a senior analyst at the Enterprise Strategy Group. "With the unique, innovative and targeted engineering it has invested into its parallel file storage appliance portfolio, DDN continues to reaffirm its position at the vanguard of the scalable systems marketplace, and therefore as one of the storage leaders of the contemporary Big Data era."
"DDN has been an important strategic partner to Indiana University," said Stephen Simms, Manager of the Indiana University High Performance File Systems group and Data Capacitor Project. "They provide deep expertise in both storage infrastructure and HPC parallel file systems. DDN has put significant effort into creating products are simple to install, manage and scale in order to help reduce the numerous headaches that are associated with HPC storage. We are interested in the new enhancements developed by DDN and the impact they will have in the academic community. Increased performance, better monitoring, and ease of collaboration are all things that we look for in a storage solution."
These enhancements include:
- DirectMon Scale-Out Appliance Monitoring and Management: To eliminate the management complexity of scalable systems infrastructure, DDN DirectMon provides single-pane-of-glass GUI-based systems management for both GRIDScaler and EXAScaler file storage environments.
- Storage Fusion Architecture (SFA) Mid-Range & High-End Appliances: EXAScaler and GRIDScaler systems can now be deployed with either DDN's SFA12K platform (capable of delivering up to 40GB/s and managing up to 1680 flash and spinning disk drives) or the SFA7700 mid-range hybrid Flash storage appliance (capable of delivering up to 10GB/s and scalable from 60-324 disks in as little as 4U of data center rack space). DDN's newly-announced SFA7700 carries forward DDN's heritage of best-in-class performance and is precision-engineered to deliver performance levels 700% greater than competing scale-out file storage platforms.
- Storage Fusion Xcelerator (SFX) Hybrid Flash Storage Caching: DDN's new SFX Flash Caching technology accelerates file system data and metadata transactions while cost-effectively marrying the performance of Flash technology with the economic benefits of hard disk technology.
- Cloud Tiering with WOS Cloud Storage and HSM Tools: DDN's award-winning WOS object storage technology -- featuring cloud-based data distribution and replication -- is now combined with DDN's GRIDScaler and EXAScaler(1), enabling organizations to process data locally at the highest rates of performance and automatically publishing collaborative data sets across a distributed cloud environment.
- Enterprise NAS Access: For applications that do not require the highest levels of performance access, DDN now offers NAS access via NFS or SMB/CIFS to enable enterprise applications to access a scale-out storage namespace.
These new capabilities from DDN are ideal for a broad spectrum of organizational scale -- configurable for mid-range departmental applications while featuring scalability to support the world's most scalable applications -- with performance over 1 terabyte/second. Optimized applications for DDN's new GRIDScaler and EXAScaler platforms include all organizations looking to power Big Data workflows with simple, scale-out parallel file storage appliances, including big data analytics, bioinformatics, energy exploration, government and academic research, web-scale computing, animation, financial modeling, manufacturing design and government intelligence.
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations.
Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise.
For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call +1-800-TERABYTE (837-2298).
DDN, DirectMon, EXAScaler, GRIDscaler, ReACT, SFA, Storage Fusion Xcelerator, WOS, are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
(1) Cloud Tiering is available immediately for GRIDScaler and in 1H 2013 for ECAScaler
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Quo vadis? Cross-Platform App development - Part 1
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- AppSphere 2014 Continues to Expand Speaker List With Industry Thought Leaders
- Storage Made Easy Release an Enhanced Version of Its Private Enterprise File Sync and Share Solution
- Jump start your Cross-Platform App Development skills with Intel's XDK
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Document Work Process Market
- Summary from the 30 July Analyst Forum
- Mr. Ramesh Kesanupalli - Founding Member FIDO Alliance, Mr. Michael Day - IBM, Mr. Jim Miller - CEO ImageWare Systems, Mr. George Romas - HP, and StrikeForce Are Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Thought Leadership Interviews
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- IGEL's new range of W7+ thin clients offer more memory to meet the emerging needs of businesses using Windows-based thin clients
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- The Linux Foundation Announces Early Keynote Speaker Line Up for LinuxCon + CloudOpen Europe
- Business experts from IT-Security and Telecommunications join secucloud team
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- President & CTO of 3tera Speaking Next Week at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo November 19-21 in Silicon Valley
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Red Hat U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Strategist to Speak at NC Datapolooza
- New Relic Q1 2013 Blazes Past Growth Targets and Reaches 40,000 Active Customer Accounts
- The Software Freedom Conservancy – Fundraising Campaign: Non-Profit Accounting Software