|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
PHD Virtual Technologies, a pioneer in virtual machine backup and recovery, and innovator of virtualization monitoring solutions, announced today their solutions are well-suited for large enterprise environments as well as small businesses with growing data storage, backup and recovery needs.
Tweet This: @PHDVirtual Provides Enterprises with Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery Solutions Fit to Scale http://bit.ly/HyPclv
PHD Virtual Backup 6.0 gives customers of all sizes the scalability and flexibility they need, but for large enterprises, these products make backup processes easier to manage and more efficient, while also providing fully recoverable data at a moment’s notice. They also consume the least amount of overhead and capital when compared to other products on the market and provide encrypted data protection that is required at larger enterprises.
"Customers continue to embrace server virtualization and are increasingly deploying multiple hypervisors," said Robert Amatruda, Research Director for Data Protection and Recovery at IDC. "PHD Virtual's Backup 6.0 solution provides customers a cost-effective and easy-to-deploy solution that supports multiple hypervisors and will scale with their virtual environment.”
“In addition to the growth we have experienced within the SMB market, we’ve seen a major uptick in our penetration in the larger enterprise environments as well,” commented Jim Legg, CEO, PHD Virtual. “The simplicity and cost-savings are definitely not exclusive to the smaller organizations – the ease of use and data movement offsite provides a powerful combination for any size corporation.”
PHD Virtual benefits for large enterprise environments include the following:
- Complete or partial restorations - provides administrators with the ability to restore a complete server from scratch, by simply selecting a restore point and target. No agents, no operating system install, just restore a complete duplicate of the VM.
- TrueDedupe technology - a true source-side deduplication of data, meaning the deduplication and compression of the source data is performed before sending the information across the WAN/LAN and before the data is written to disk. This type of efficient deduplication is critical for enterprises that require disk space to house the backups for massive amounts of data while also being more scalable and pairing down the overall backup window time. PHD performs deduplication by comparing REAL data existing on the backup target while ensuring to eliminate duplicate copies of data across ALL VMs stored on the target making it more robust and preventing unnecessary job management to achieve storage efficiencies.
- Parallel processing model – this provides the ability to use multiple data streams for backing up, restoring, and replicating with the result that multiple jobs can run concurrently, In addition, parallel processing allows the user to throttle, increasing or decreasing the resources used for processing to balance the work load and timing of the backup window in the data center.
- Fault tolerant scaling – provides a 100% virtualized footprint for your backups running on a Linux-based application that can scale up and out by simply deploying more Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs) giving the ability to create fault tolerance and load balancing, while providing performance that is required without the extra cost of more physical infrastructure or extra licensing.
- Replication – by backing up VMs once and storing them to disk, PHD Virtual Backup eliminates the need for unnecessary snapshots on your production VMs while maintaining the extra layer of protection of having the replicated VMs located offsite.
Disaster recovery planning – PHD Virtual provides:
- TrueRestore: a verification and self-healing process in which the blocks being backed up are inspected both during the backup and restore functions. By doing this, PHD ensures that the data being backed up is indeed the same data that is going to be restored.
- Test-Mode: provides the ability to run replicated VMs in a test mode located in a standby environment. This gives peace of mind that the standby VM has been verified, is completely operational and can be properly failed over.
- Data recovery – PHD Virtual’s Instant Restore provides more savvy recovery methods by allowing administrators to immediately power on the backup VMs and begin a restore process simultaneously. By doing so, PHD provides immediate access to servers and applications and also leverages concurrent data streams, allowing them to implement a technology called “mass restore,” which creates and configures a single restore job that will process multiple VMs at the same time, again reducing complexity and reducing the company’s RTO. Granular restore is more common than a complete data center restore, so PHD has provided support within their products to restore a file, virtual disk within a VM, or single application object, such as an email, mailbox, datastore, database, table, etc. This feature provides the functionality to restore only what you need, when you need it, without setting up any virtual labs or sandboxes to speed up recovery time and prevent unnecessary data loss.
- Backing up a constantly evolving data center – PHD Virtual allows administrators to plug a backup appliance or VBA into virtually any environment, including the cloud or software defined data center (SDDC) or a remote or branch office, ensuring data is safe and recoverable.
“PHD Virtual does VMware backup better than anyone else, especially for enterprises like us,” said Barry Quiel, SunGard Public Sector, California. “For our large environment, we needed someone that specialized in moving lots of virtual machine data, while storing as little as possible of it. We also need plenty of options to handle how we move data off-site and to tape. PHD Virtual gives us all of the options we needed to make sure our VMware environment meets our enterprise data protection requirements.”
PHD Virtual Technologies: http://phdvirtual.com/
More PHD Virtual News: http://phdvirtual.com/newsandevents
RSS Feeds: PHD Virtual news releases: http://www.phdvirtual.com/rss/news-and-events.xml
About PHD Virtual Technologies
PHD Virtual provides the absolute best value in virtual backup and monitoring for VMware and Citrix platforms. More than 4,500 customers worldwide rely on our products because they are effective, easier to use and far more affordable than competitive alternatives. Delivering the highest performance and most scalable cross platform backup and monitoring solutions on the market and pioneer of Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs), PHD Virtual Technologies has been transforming data protection for virtual IT environments since 2006. Its PHD Virtual Monitor provides a complete, end-to-end solution for monitoring virtual, physical and application infrastructures in VMware and Citrix environments. For more information, please visit: http://www.phdvirtual.com/
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,260
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jun. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 278
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 631
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,496
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2016' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited t...
Jun. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 452
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 529
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 30, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 583
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 627
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 721
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 445
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 475
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,097
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 681
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 572
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 988
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jun. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 544
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profession...
Jun. 30, 2016 09:33 AM EDT Reads: 271
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jun. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 446
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 590