|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
PHD Virtual Technologies, a pioneer in virtual machine backup and recovery, and innovator of virtualization monitoring solutions, announced today their solutions are well-suited for large enterprise environments as well as small businesses with growing data storage, backup and recovery needs.
Tweet This: @PHDVirtual Provides Enterprises with Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery Solutions Fit to Scale http://bit.ly/HyPclv
PHD Virtual Backup 6.0 gives customers of all sizes the scalability and flexibility they need, but for large enterprises, these products make backup processes easier to manage and more efficient, while also providing fully recoverable data at a moment’s notice. They also consume the least amount of overhead and capital when compared to other products on the market and provide encrypted data protection that is required at larger enterprises.
"Customers continue to embrace server virtualization and are increasingly deploying multiple hypervisors," said Robert Amatruda, Research Director for Data Protection and Recovery at IDC. "PHD Virtual's Backup 6.0 solution provides customers a cost-effective and easy-to-deploy solution that supports multiple hypervisors and will scale with their virtual environment.”
“In addition to the growth we have experienced within the SMB market, we’ve seen a major uptick in our penetration in the larger enterprise environments as well,” commented Jim Legg, CEO, PHD Virtual. “The simplicity and cost-savings are definitely not exclusive to the smaller organizations – the ease of use and data movement offsite provides a powerful combination for any size corporation.”
PHD Virtual benefits for large enterprise environments include the following:
- Complete or partial restorations - provides administrators with the ability to restore a complete server from scratch, by simply selecting a restore point and target. No agents, no operating system install, just restore a complete duplicate of the VM.
- TrueDedupe technology - a true source-side deduplication of data, meaning the deduplication and compression of the source data is performed before sending the information across the WAN/LAN and before the data is written to disk. This type of efficient deduplication is critical for enterprises that require disk space to house the backups for massive amounts of data while also being more scalable and pairing down the overall backup window time. PHD performs deduplication by comparing REAL data existing on the backup target while ensuring to eliminate duplicate copies of data across ALL VMs stored on the target making it more robust and preventing unnecessary job management to achieve storage efficiencies.
- Parallel processing model – this provides the ability to use multiple data streams for backing up, restoring, and replicating with the result that multiple jobs can run concurrently, In addition, parallel processing allows the user to throttle, increasing or decreasing the resources used for processing to balance the work load and timing of the backup window in the data center.
- Fault tolerant scaling – provides a 100% virtualized footprint for your backups running on a Linux-based application that can scale up and out by simply deploying more Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs) giving the ability to create fault tolerance and load balancing, while providing performance that is required without the extra cost of more physical infrastructure or extra licensing.
- Replication – by backing up VMs once and storing them to disk, PHD Virtual Backup eliminates the need for unnecessary snapshots on your production VMs while maintaining the extra layer of protection of having the replicated VMs located offsite.
Disaster recovery planning – PHD Virtual provides:
- TrueRestore: a verification and self-healing process in which the blocks being backed up are inspected both during the backup and restore functions. By doing this, PHD ensures that the data being backed up is indeed the same data that is going to be restored.
- Test-Mode: provides the ability to run replicated VMs in a test mode located in a standby environment. This gives peace of mind that the standby VM has been verified, is completely operational and can be properly failed over.
- Data recovery – PHD Virtual’s Instant Restore provides more savvy recovery methods by allowing administrators to immediately power on the backup VMs and begin a restore process simultaneously. By doing so, PHD provides immediate access to servers and applications and also leverages concurrent data streams, allowing them to implement a technology called “mass restore,” which creates and configures a single restore job that will process multiple VMs at the same time, again reducing complexity and reducing the company’s RTO. Granular restore is more common than a complete data center restore, so PHD has provided support within their products to restore a file, virtual disk within a VM, or single application object, such as an email, mailbox, datastore, database, table, etc. This feature provides the functionality to restore only what you need, when you need it, without setting up any virtual labs or sandboxes to speed up recovery time and prevent unnecessary data loss.
- Backing up a constantly evolving data center – PHD Virtual allows administrators to plug a backup appliance or VBA into virtually any environment, including the cloud or software defined data center (SDDC) or a remote or branch office, ensuring data is safe and recoverable.
“PHD Virtual does VMware backup better than anyone else, especially for enterprises like us,” said Barry Quiel, SunGard Public Sector, California. “For our large environment, we needed someone that specialized in moving lots of virtual machine data, while storing as little as possible of it. We also need plenty of options to handle how we move data off-site and to tape. PHD Virtual gives us all of the options we needed to make sure our VMware environment meets our enterprise data protection requirements.”
PHD Virtual Technologies: http://phdvirtual.com/
More PHD Virtual News: http://phdvirtual.com/newsandevents
RSS Feeds: PHD Virtual news releases: http://www.phdvirtual.com/rss/news-and-events.xml
About PHD Virtual Technologies
PHD Virtual provides the absolute best value in virtual backup and monitoring for VMware and Citrix platforms. More than 4,500 customers worldwide rely on our products because they are effective, easier to use and far more affordable than competitive alternatives. Delivering the highest performance and most scalable cross platform backup and monitoring solutions on the market and pioneer of Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs), PHD Virtual Technologies has been transforming data protection for virtual IT environments since 2006. Its PHD Virtual Monitor provides a complete, end-to-end solution for monitoring virtual, physical and application infrastructures in VMware and Citrix environments. For more information, please visit: http://www.phdvirtual.com/
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,843
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? How do you coordinate the diverse moving parts that must come together when developing your IoT product? What are the key challenges addressed by Data as a Service? How does cloud computing underlie and connect the notions of Digital and DevOps What is the impact of the API economy? What is the business imperative for Cognitive Computing? Get all these questions and hundreds more like them answered at the 18th Cloud Expo...
May. 25, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,100
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,120
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 25, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 905
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 25, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,470
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,159
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 901
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 839
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 384
SYS-CON Events announced today that 24Notion has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. 24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to con...
May. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,708
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,440
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,049
Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) will feature the upcoming 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo in a New York news documentary about the "New IT for the Future." The documentary will cover how big companies are transmitting or adopting the new IT for the future and will be filmed on the expo floor between June 7-June 9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. KBS has long been a leader in the development of the broadcasting culture of Korea. As the key public service broadcaster of Korea...
May. 25, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,717
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,164
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,682
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,871
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will discuss the vast to...
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,373
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,699
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,101
SYS-CON Events announced today the How to Create Angular 2 Clients for the Cloud Workshop, being held June 7, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified. Now it’s a component-based well-performing framework. The immersive one-day workshop led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and...
May. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,880