|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
PHD Virtual Technologies, a pioneer in virtual machine backup and recovery, and innovator of virtualization monitoring solutions, announced today their solutions are well-suited for large enterprise environments as well as small businesses with growing data storage, backup and recovery needs.
Tweet This: @PHDVirtual Provides Enterprises with Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery Solutions Fit to Scale http://bit.ly/HyPclv
PHD Virtual Backup 6.0 gives customers of all sizes the scalability and flexibility they need, but for large enterprises, these products make backup processes easier to manage and more efficient, while also providing fully recoverable data at a moment’s notice. They also consume the least amount of overhead and capital when compared to other products on the market and provide encrypted data protection that is required at larger enterprises.
"Customers continue to embrace server virtualization and are increasingly deploying multiple hypervisors," said Robert Amatruda, Research Director for Data Protection and Recovery at IDC. "PHD Virtual's Backup 6.0 solution provides customers a cost-effective and easy-to-deploy solution that supports multiple hypervisors and will scale with their virtual environment.”
“In addition to the growth we have experienced within the SMB market, we’ve seen a major uptick in our penetration in the larger enterprise environments as well,” commented Jim Legg, CEO, PHD Virtual. “The simplicity and cost-savings are definitely not exclusive to the smaller organizations – the ease of use and data movement offsite provides a powerful combination for any size corporation.”
PHD Virtual benefits for large enterprise environments include the following:
- Complete or partial restorations - provides administrators with the ability to restore a complete server from scratch, by simply selecting a restore point and target. No agents, no operating system install, just restore a complete duplicate of the VM.
- TrueDedupe technology - a true source-side deduplication of data, meaning the deduplication and compression of the source data is performed before sending the information across the WAN/LAN and before the data is written to disk. This type of efficient deduplication is critical for enterprises that require disk space to house the backups for massive amounts of data while also being more scalable and pairing down the overall backup window time. PHD performs deduplication by comparing REAL data existing on the backup target while ensuring to eliminate duplicate copies of data across ALL VMs stored on the target making it more robust and preventing unnecessary job management to achieve storage efficiencies.
- Parallel processing model – this provides the ability to use multiple data streams for backing up, restoring, and replicating with the result that multiple jobs can run concurrently, In addition, parallel processing allows the user to throttle, increasing or decreasing the resources used for processing to balance the work load and timing of the backup window in the data center.
- Fault tolerant scaling – provides a 100% virtualized footprint for your backups running on a Linux-based application that can scale up and out by simply deploying more Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs) giving the ability to create fault tolerance and load balancing, while providing performance that is required without the extra cost of more physical infrastructure or extra licensing.
- Replication – by backing up VMs once and storing them to disk, PHD Virtual Backup eliminates the need for unnecessary snapshots on your production VMs while maintaining the extra layer of protection of having the replicated VMs located offsite.
Disaster recovery planning – PHD Virtual provides:
- TrueRestore: a verification and self-healing process in which the blocks being backed up are inspected both during the backup and restore functions. By doing this, PHD ensures that the data being backed up is indeed the same data that is going to be restored.
- Test-Mode: provides the ability to run replicated VMs in a test mode located in a standby environment. This gives peace of mind that the standby VM has been verified, is completely operational and can be properly failed over.
- Data recovery – PHD Virtual’s Instant Restore provides more savvy recovery methods by allowing administrators to immediately power on the backup VMs and begin a restore process simultaneously. By doing so, PHD provides immediate access to servers and applications and also leverages concurrent data streams, allowing them to implement a technology called “mass restore,” which creates and configures a single restore job that will process multiple VMs at the same time, again reducing complexity and reducing the company’s RTO. Granular restore is more common than a complete data center restore, so PHD has provided support within their products to restore a file, virtual disk within a VM, or single application object, such as an email, mailbox, datastore, database, table, etc. This feature provides the functionality to restore only what you need, when you need it, without setting up any virtual labs or sandboxes to speed up recovery time and prevent unnecessary data loss.
- Backing up a constantly evolving data center – PHD Virtual allows administrators to plug a backup appliance or VBA into virtually any environment, including the cloud or software defined data center (SDDC) or a remote or branch office, ensuring data is safe and recoverable.
“PHD Virtual does VMware backup better than anyone else, especially for enterprises like us,” said Barry Quiel, SunGard Public Sector, California. “For our large environment, we needed someone that specialized in moving lots of virtual machine data, while storing as little as possible of it. We also need plenty of options to handle how we move data off-site and to tape. PHD Virtual gives us all of the options we needed to make sure our VMware environment meets our enterprise data protection requirements.”
PHD Virtual Technologies: http://phdvirtual.com/
More PHD Virtual News: http://phdvirtual.com/newsandevents
RSS Feeds: PHD Virtual news releases: http://www.phdvirtual.com/rss/news-and-events.xml
About PHD Virtual Technologies
PHD Virtual provides the absolute best value in virtual backup and monitoring for VMware and Citrix platforms. More than 4,500 customers worldwide rely on our products because they are effective, easier to use and far more affordable than competitive alternatives. Delivering the highest performance and most scalable cross platform backup and monitoring solutions on the market and pioneer of Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs), PHD Virtual Technologies has been transforming data protection for virtual IT environments since 2006. Its PHD Virtual Monitor provides a complete, end-to-end solution for monitoring virtual, physical and application infrastructures in VMware and Citrix environments. For more information, please visit: http://www.phdvirtual.com/
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,714
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 645
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 519
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 757
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,454
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,122
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 515
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 1, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 509
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 720
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 1, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,044
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 773
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,541
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,266
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,125
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,065
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 574
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 488
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,461
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 30, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,917
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 30, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,556